MLB Daily Fantasy can be a daunting endeavor when you first get started. There are a lot more things that you have to pay attention to, from the weather, the Batter vs Pitcher matchup, hot/cold streaks, and especially the ballpark.
With every park in the MLB being dubbed either a “pitcher-friendly” ballpark or a “hitter’s” park, each stadium plays an individual role in the potential success of the players.
Below is a list of the top 10 parks for hitters. They usually have shallower fences, heightened elevation (Colorado) and serve as favorable parks for batters.
- Coors Field – Colorado Rockies
- Miller Park – Milwaukee Brewers
- Comerica Park – Detroit Tigers
- Fenway Park – Boston Red Sox
- Great American Ballpark – Cincinnati Reds
- Chase Field – Arizona Diamondbacks
- Kauffman Stadium – Kansas City Royals
- Target Field – Minnesota Twins
- Rogers Centre – Toronto Blue Jays
- Wrigley Field – Chicago Cubs
- Yankee Stadium is a tough stadium to dissect. It has a deeper left field wall, but the right field wall is shallow and short. If you are targeting Left-handed batters, load up on the ones playing at Yankee Stadium. If you are potentially targeting a pitcher at Yankee Stadium, take a look at how many lefties are in the opposing batting order before making your final decision.
Now that you have a list of the top hitter-friendly ballparks to target when building your lineup, here is a list of the top 10 pitcher-friendly ballparks in the league. These are ideal ballparks to target if you’re looking at starting pitchers, and ballparks to consider fading when building a lineup.
- PNC Park – Pittsburgh Pirates
- Safeco Field – Seattle Mariners
- Dodger Stadium – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Progressive Field – Cleveland Indians
- Citi Field – New York Mets
- Busch Stadium – St. Louis Cardinals
- Angel Stadium – Los Angeles Angels
- Petco Park – San Diego Padres
- Yankee Stadium – New York Yankees – **Primarily for Right-handed batters**
- AT&T Park – San Francisco Giants
With these two lists of ballparks and their effects on the game, building lineups should become a little clearer when you have a tough decision between two players.